Six Rivers Montessori Tuition Structure
Tuition for 2017-2018 is $7000.00
The potluck tuition model at Six Rivers Montessori was first implemented for the 2013-2014 school year and has been in effect since. (Previously, SRM tuition was set each school year, as in most traditional independent/private schools).
The Pledge-How it works
Each year in April, the SRM Board determines the Operating Expenses for the following year resulting in the Budget Summary. New families are recruited and accepted, and returning families return their Intent to Return forms. Based upon the number of students enrolled at the time of the Annual Potluck Meeting, the Recommended Tuition is determined by dividing the budget total by the number of students. Families are required to attend the Annual Potluck Meeting where the Budget Summary is reviewed. This offers families in our community an opportunity to:
• have an understanding of the school expenses for the upcoming year,
• find out the Recommended Tuition, and
• gather as a community, ask questions, and provide feedback.
After the meeting, SRM families have a few days to decide upon their monthly pledge (commitment) for tuition* based upon having a clear understanding of the school’s Operating Expenses, and a full and honest consideration of the following question:
What is the most we can contribute in tuition for the upcoming school year while still being sustainable for our family and the school?
*Monthly tuition is due for the ten month period running from September – June each year. Some families will pay MORE, and some families will pay LESS. The idea is that the Recommended Tuition is an average that the community achieves TOGETHER.
What happens if we don’t “Hit the Mark”?
Built into The Potluck is the Re-Pledge. If at first we do not generate enough pledges for the necessary Tuition Revenue, the Board initiates the Re-Pledge by telephoning all families within two days of the initial pledge. Families are told how far “off the mark” we are as a community, and asked if they can offer more. If the Re-Pledge does not generate the necessary funds, the Board will come together to seek additional financial resolutions, and/or additional alternatives.
Additional Potluck Facts
- The Potluck model does not require proof or documentation regarding our families’ financial situations. Our Board, staff and community trust that all families come forward with an honest answer to the above stated question.
- Pledges are completely confidential. The only parties that know what each family pledged are the SRM Office Manager and each family themselves. The Board and staff only receive numbers that are not attached to names.
- Families are kept up-to-date as to enrollment figures and significant changes to the budget through telephone calls and meetings. SRM believes in and practices full transparency with all aspects of its governance, including school finances.
Please call the Six Rivers Montessori Office Manager at 707-822-7767 for more information or questions regarding our tuition structure and additional fees.
Six Rivers Montessori does not exclude or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin (ancestry), religion (creed), age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Six Rivers Montessori directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Six Rivers Montessori arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
This statement is in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued pursuant to these statutes at Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 80, 84, and 91.