Office Administrator Job Description
Philosophy: The Office Administrator is a full time employee who works cooperatively with the faculty, students, parents, school governance committees, and the Humboldt County community to handle the operational and fiscal activities in support of the overall vision and the day to day educational program of Six Rivers Montessori.
Qualifications: Minimum of a B.A. degree, with knowledge of Montessori education preferred. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills. Office administration experience in an educational setting preferred. A livescan and background check is required prior to being hired.
To Apply: Applicants should email resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by May 3, 2020. Estimated starting date is July 1, 2020
- Supports the 2 main classroom teachers, part-time teachers, and aides in all facets of the educational program and day to day needs.
- Take attendance and maintain records of attendance. Follow up with tardiness.
- Support teachers with field trip logistics.
- Assist faculty with community events and attend these events.
- Organize substitutes when classroom teachers and aides are absent. Serve as a substitute as needed.
- Assist teachers with day to day behavioral issues of students.
- Assist teachers with day to day health needs of students.
- Take lead role as outdoor play coordinator.
SRM Program Support and Operations:
- Upholds the vision and the mission of the school as outlined in the Blueprint and coordinates visioning and strategic planning sessions on an annual basis.
- Serve as a spokesperson and representative for the school in the broader community.
- Serve as a communications hub for the school: responding to phone calls and emails, meeting the needs of parents, making announcements, sending out weekly newsletter, annual calendar and more.
- Seek and coordinate volunteers in all areas.
- Support teachers with admissions/enrollment procedures.
- Support and help carry out all fundraising efforts by the board, fundraising committee, classroom teachers and individuals.
- Send out August mailer preparing students and families for the school year.
- Coordinate all other uses of the classrooms outside of school hours: meetings, Cosmic Club, Girl Scouts, summer camps, school events, etc.
- Oversees all aspects of creating and maintaining a safe and inviting school facility.
- Oversee all safety and emergency preparedness needs for the school.
- Coordinate and provide all janitorial and facility maintenance needs for the building and playgrounds daily.
- Work with teachers to identify classroom resource needs, work with landlord on capital improvements for the facility, and take initiative in procuring these needs.
- Coordinate with board and staff on all school IT needs.
Finance and Governance:
- Oversees all financial matters of the school and plays an active role in school governance working in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Learn and use Quickbooks for school accounting.
- Coordinate with the Board and staff to create annual budget.
- Carry out and adhere to Board financial policies and manage day to day finances and accounts of the school.
- Attend all board meetings to communicate essential information or reports with the Board. If unable to attend, communicate via Board email.
- Coordinate compliance with potluck tuition policy, pledges and re-pledges and nonpayment issues as needed.
- Maintains a school office and oversees all files and record keeping.
- File annual forms to maintain appropriate school status.
- Maintain and update student cumulative files, personnel files, immunization records and all other pertinent records in the school office.
Six Rivers Montessori does not exclude or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin (ancestry), religion (creed), age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Six Rivers Montessori directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Six Rivers Montessori arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
This statement is in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued pursuant to these statutes at Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 80, 84, and 91.