Head of School Position
Thank you for your interest in Six Rivers Montessori. Founded in 2012, we are located in the university town of Arcata on California’s north coast. The surrounding beauty of redwoods and Pacific Ocean provide an inspiration to our dedicated group of staff, parents, and students.
Before you are in contact with us or consider applying, please do two things:
First, read the Job Description below for the Head of School position. Please note that it contains general information describing the primary duties typically required of the job, but is not an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Second, take a moment to understand our school’s mission and structure by reviewing our Blueprint posted here on our website at http://www.sixriversmontessori.org/srm-blueprint/. The ideal Head of School candidate will share our vision of a Montessori learning environment.
If you have any questions about the Job Description or our school please contact our Office Manager at 707-822-7767 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we encourage you to go ahead and send us a resume before applying in full (we know it’s a lot of work to do the full application) and we will get in touch with you about the next steps.
If you are ready to apply, please see the sidebar for application instructions.
Job Description: Head of School
PHILOSOPHY: The Six Rivers Montessori Head of School is a centralizing leader who provides both educational leadership and business administration. The Head of School is a full-time employee who oversees the day to day operations and works closely with faculty, students, parents, school governance committees, and the Humboldt County community to lead in enacting, articulating, and furthering the core values and vision of Six Rivers Montessori as outlined in the Blueprint.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a B.A. degree or other relevant education, with knowledge of Montessori education preferred and/or a willingness to complete Montessori Head of School training program. Administrative experience in an educational setting with demonstrated leadership qualities preferred.
SUMMARIZED JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Provides consistent vision and leadership in carrying out the school’s mission and educational program.
2. Supports the main classroom teachers, part-time teachers, and aides in all facets of the educational program and day to day needs
3. Leads in all aspects of creating and maintaining a sustainable, safe and inviting school.
To apply please submit the following (open until filled):
- Cover Letter
- Copy of undergraduate and/or post graduate degree, and copies of any other pertinent certifications or credentials
- Three letters of recommendation
- Job Application (Job application can be completed on the computer or by hand. If completing it on the computer, use tab key to move between fields.)
- You can email the documents to email@example.com
Or, mail/drop off to:
Six Rivers Montessori
1222 Hallen Drive
Arcata, CA 95521
Thank you for your interest in Six Rivers Montessori.